
Parenting philosophies. I have been thinking a lot about this recently. To spank or not to spank? Time outs? Where to do time outs? Yelling? Not Yelling? Warning? No Warning? You get my drift. There are just SO MANY schools of thought out there. Way more than our parents had, and about 1,000 times more than their parents had. Yet, are kids actually better off today, now that we have all this information? I am beginning to think not. I have too many voices telling me what to do or not do. It gets even harder when you try to come to an agreement on a plan between both parents. Ugh. I hate seeing kids that are sassy and rude to their parents, and yet, I fear that if I don't do this right, I may end up with a similar mess! This is so much harder than on Full House!
It is hard isn't it. I find myself having moments of yelling at the poor mite and then think too myself.. maybe I should reign that in a bit... then I think.. but I turned out okay and I was yelled at a whole hell of a lot more then I yell.
ReplyDeleteUncle Jesse made it look SO easy didn't he!
ReplyDeleteI just need to be firmer. Follow through, follow through, it has to be my mantra. I let him get away with FAR too much. I realized the other day that I spent 10 dollars on stuff he was throwing a fit over...ugh. That made me feel AWFUL! The little buggar is winning way too many battles and it must stop! I refuse to raise a bratty, self absorbed, stinker!
ReplyDelete