Thursday, December 11, 2008
Which diet for me?
As most of you may know I have something called PCOS, or Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. My hormones and insulin levels are out of whack. It makes me process food differently. That is why I didn't gain any weight during my pregnancy, in fact losing 30 pounds. So I use Weight Watchers, but modify it slightly to include less carbs and more protein. I know it will work, I did it before, and food isn't really the issue for me. It's working out. I MUST excersise to keep weight off. It changes your metabmolism and how insulin reacts in your body. So no more excuses. My plan is to go to our gym 5 days a week, since I work Saturday and Sunday I will skip working out those days. Work is a work out! I will go in the morning, while Jason can keep Pudd. Wish me luck.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
GOOD LUCK! Exercise is my only hope as well. And for me it is weights not just aerobic stuff. I can walk 5 miles a day, diet and gain a ton of weight. I have confidence that you can do it!
ReplyDeleteYou are good enough, smart enough, and gosh darn it people like you! I gained 30 lbs in 3 months of unemployment. how depressing is that. Cupcake is very sick, and has been hurling all over the freshly shampooed carpeting since Friday. The vet said she is seriously obese and her kidneys are fatty. Not only are we killing ourselves with fat, but now our pets as well. Good Luck! We can all be healthier and happier and around a long time!
ReplyDelete